WE CAN’T DO WHAT WE DO, WITHOUT YOU.
Our goal is to help women and gender expansive people of color, boldly unleash their talents into the world. Not just because they deserve it, but because we all do.
We deserve a community where everyone is able to bring their full talents to bear. We deserve a world where diverse identities and experiences are seen as assets and not as liabilities.
DID YOU KNOW?
Women of color often find themselves working, leading, and pushing for meaningful change in silos with limited shared spaces to problem solve, create, innovate, heal, and support one another. WoC are lacking the social and emotional support they need to tackle issues of systemic racism and sexism in addition to a lack of support in incubating their leadership, creativity, scholarship, entrepreneurship, activism, and innovations.
Zora’s House connects women of color to the support, resources, and opportunities they need to advance their leadership, and directly confronts forces of systemic oppression that bar women of color from full participation in the economic, cultural, and civic life of our community.
- Every year, we produce 175 dedicated hours of programming, centering the healing, creativity, activism, and leadership of women of color.
- Since 2017, our Women of Color Owned (WoCO) Markets, organized and hosted by Zora’s House, has generated over $100,000 in revenue for local women of color entrepreneurs and artisans.
- Our robust membership network of women of color now spans 13 states and Canada.
- Over 1,000 women of color and allies participate in Zora’s House programming and events annually.
- In 2020, when most coworking spaces were closing, Zora’s House remained a safe, healing, and collaborative space for women of color to gather (online and in person) as they navigated their evolving roles as caretakers, community change agents, and leaders of progressive change throughout the nation.
Since inception, Zora’s House has proven its ability to exist at the intersection of audacious, radical ambition, and grounded, strategic plans to uplift and empower women of color and propel social change. With grassroots backing, the support of respected community partners, and judicious leadership, we have successfully expanded both our budget and impact every year.