Zora’s House is a coworking space and leadership incubator designed to catalyze and support the dreams that women of color have for themselves, their families, and their communities. We offer shared community space and programming; and leverage our platform and resources on behalf of women of color in our community. As one of the very few nonprofits created, led, and shaped by women of color, Zora’s House offers a long-overdue space for women of color to share their ideas, develop their leadership abilities, build skills, and work towards their creative dreams – all from a place of authenticity and wholeness.
You’re a detail-oriented people-person whose passion for supporting a vibrant community of women of color and gender-expansive people of color is matched only by your proven track record for getting things done. You have the empathy and experience needed to nurture emerging leaders, the financial and operational know-how to support a rapidly expanding organization, and the management skills to keep all the action items prioritized and organized. If you get excited when you buy new office supplies, love nothing more than a good brainstorming or strategy session, and top it all off with friendly, collaborative boss vibes, we want to talk to you! Because of the type of work you’ll be doing (team building, collaborating, attending local meetings, etc.), we’re looking for folks who are local or within commuting distance to Columbus, OH!
About This Role:
As our Managing Director, you will be the right-hand to Zora’s House CEO by supporting staff goals and growth, representing the organization to the community at an executive level, identifying opportunities for Zora’s House to grow, and handling administrative and financial oversight with finesse. This is a hybrid in-person role with the opportunity for some remote scheduling. We are looking for someone who is not simply interested in plug-and-play strategies, but a leader who will actually envision and build out the processes necessary to bolster our team and community while taking our organization to the next level.
Staff Supervision Roles:
- Act as a supportive and engaged direct supervisor to all management staff
- Meet regularly with staff and departments, and take steps to ensure maximum efficiency, harmony and good workflow.
- Oversee onboarding and internal training of staff in all systems.
- Lead the staff performance evaluation, goal-setting, and professional development processes
- Partner with CEO and staff to build a strong team culture and a supportive workplace in line with the stated values of Zora’s House
- Ensure the process for job postings, interviews, background checks, team onboarding and performance evaluations, etc. is a consistent and documented process.
Relationship Management Roles:
- Develop authentic, trustful relationships with stakeholders (including Zora’s House members, community partners, and funders), understand their perspective, de-escalate tough issues, and negotiate and persuade when required.
- Help drive internal and external understanding of the CEO’s vision and priorities.
- Support CEO in preparing communications, public presentations, or correspondence.
- Proactively elevate and surface issues that could impact the successful execution of the organization’s commitments. Work to mediate or mitigate issues amongst or between stakeholders including staff, board, and members, elevating issues to the CEO when necessary.
- Prepare the CEO with the necessary research, information, materials and communications to effectively engage with staff, board, donors, potential donors, partners and potential partners and when appropriate, serve as proxy.
Operations – Facilities and Vendor Management:
- Handle strategic and managerial aspects of finance and facilities/space operations in collaboration with our Operation Manager.
- Overseeing Zora’s House transition into a new, larger space (more than doubling our current square footage).
- Creating and enacting new processes and policies for vendor and facilities management.
Operations – Administration and Strategy Roles:
- Coordinate projects or commitments involving multiple teams, ensuring alignment, communication, and leveraging of resources.
- Creates and oversees organizational data practices and reporting with accuracy to stakeholders
- Efficiently track implementation of priorities and projects.
- Assist CEO and Board in annual budget in coordination and projections
- Provides thought leadership on strategy matters alongside CEO
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures to optimize efficiency and productivity.
- Tracking objectives, key results, and deliverables for key organizational projects.
The salary for this position will be determined commensurate with skills and experience. The projected salary range for this role is between $65,000 – $75,000 per year.
We strive to create an environment at Zora’s House that is inclusive and fun, and prioritizes the holistic wellness, professional development, and personal fulfillment of our team. This means we cover 100% of all healthcare, vision, and dental insurance for our employees and their dependents. We offer four weeks of paid leave annual and your birthday is an automatic paid holiday! Most importantly, our employee culture is ever-evolving and centers organizational values like: transparency, equity, authenticity, and rest, just to name a few! (Here are the others, if you’d like to take a peek!)
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Friday, September 2, 2022 or until we find an amazing candidate!
* * *
Thanks for your consideration and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
P.s. If this role isn’t a good fit for you but you have a friend who you would be perfect, go ahead and forward this opportunity right along!